Road bicycle The artists' route
Departing from the municipal sports hall in La Colle sur Loup.
Starting from La Colle sur Loup and passing through the perched village of Saint-Paul de Vence, this loop has a resolutely artistic and cultural flavour. After a brief climb taking you through Vence, the road continues to Saint Jeannet via the “Balcons d’Azur” green cycling path, offering breath-taking views of the famous "Baous".
Places of interest: La Colle-sur-Loup and the secrets of a Provençal village; the Fondation Maeght, art in the wilderness; the Matisse chapel, a monument of sacred art; Saint Jeannet at the foot of the "Baous"; Cagnes-sur-Mer, home to Renoir.
Itinerary suggested by the Alpes-Maritimes County Council.
Want to go cycling? – Check out itineraries in the Alpes-Maritimes in donwload.
Where to hire a bicycle near Saint-Paul de Vence?
- Restor Bikes (also repairer), 102 avenue Henri Giraud - Vence - Tel. +33 (0)9 84 25 07 10
- Loisirs Attitude 06, 236 Av Emile Hugues - Vence - Tel. +33 (0)6 68 53 56 62
- FF Road Aventure - 236 Av Emile Hugues - Vence - Tel. +33 (0)6 17 56 32 63
- Tour’rent bike, 1689 route de Vence - Tourrettes sur Loup - Tel. +33 (0)6 60 71 48 29
- Self-service bikes ("Vélos Bleus") in Cagnes sur Mer
Facilities in Saint-Paul de Vence & Bicycle parking (bike stands):
- Place De Gaulle near the taxi stand
- Route des Serres
- Rond point Sainte-Claire
The Saint-Paul de Vence Tourist Information Office supports the regional programme that welcomes cyclists to the Alpes-Maritimes ("Les Alpes-Maritimes à vélo").
Free bicycle repair kits are available to cycling holidaymakers at the Tourist Information Office (available during opening hours).
Maps and itineraries available from the Tourist Information Office.
- Distance :
- Vertical distance :
- Type of circuit :
- Signposted :
- Map references :
Downloads: See the map of "The Artists' Route" Brochure of "The Artists' Route" sight-seeing circuit Les Alpes-Maritimes à Vélo - Booklet of sight-seeing cycling circuits