Chapelle Saint Charles-Saint Claude (17th century)
In 1695, the bishop of Vence, Monseigneur Cabannes de Viens made a pastoral visit to Saint-Paul de Vence. He wrote that Chapelle Saint Charles-Saint Claude had been “erected recently”. Founded by royal judge Claude Barcillon and member of the village's bourgeoisie Charles Raymond, the chapel was dedicated to the patron saints of both of its founders. In recent years, a painter from Nice named Paul Conte produced a series of colourful mural paintings inspired by the lives of Saint-Claude du Jura and Saint-Charles Borromée. The building sits perched on a promontory overlooking Saint-Paul and its ramparts.